- New Premises - Earley Engineering have moved! We have purchased a new building and are operational at the new site. Stay posted for more details and click here for the news page.
- King pins and bushes - New pre-war king pin and bushes available
- Covered Transport - Earley Engineering has added a Mercedes 7.5 Tonne Truck to the fleet. Click here for details.
- Alvis TD/E/F DHC's, Sp20 DHC, Sp25 C&E Tourer restored to order now available from Earley Engineering. Call to make an appointment to discuss your dream Alvis.
- New Facility: Spray Booth arrives at Earley Engineering. We can now carry out all paint refinishing and insurance repair refinishing in house. Please call to discuss your requirements.
- Careers opportunity - If you are interested in a career in historic vehicle restoration please contact us. We are always pleased to help and there may be opportunities for you at Earley Engineering. Click the link above for more details.
- After the great success of our new Alloy 4.3 Litre Blocks Earley Engineering are now developing an Alloy Sp25 3.5 Litre Block. Please call for details.
- Need a new starter bendix for your 12/50, Silver Eagle, Firefly, Speed 20, 3.5 litre? Click here now.
- We hold a stock of alloy 4.3 Litre and speed 25 cylinder heads. Click here for details.
- Earley Engineering have developed a limited slip differential for pre-war Alvis including Speed models, 4.3 litres and others. Click here for details.
Welcome to Earley Engineering
We are dedicated to the sale, maintenance, repair and restoration of all types of Alvis cars from the vintage four cylinder cars from the 1920's through the 1930's Speed 20, Speed 25 and 4.3 Litre models to the later four-cylinder models, elegant Three-Litres and 1960's Park-Ward series cars. We are world specialists for all makes of car with Swiss coachwork by Carrosserie Graber of Bern, having restored examples of Bentley and Bugatti cars and many Alvis cars with this coachwork. Our knowledge & experience with Graber and Park-Ward coachwork brings many other quality marques in our workshop.
Alex and Nick Simpson are Alvis enthusiasts with a traditionally trained, qualified and skilled workforce. Many of us have over 35 years Marque experience and we run our own dedicated Modern Apprenticeship Scheme training young people with the necessary skills in combination with release to college for specialized courses. These include engine rebuilding, engine testing, tuning, machine shop practice, panel-making, fabrication, carpentry for body frames, auto-electrics, chassis & suspension technology etc, etc. Our services are backed-up by an enormous Alvis Technical Archive collected over a period of forty years by Nick Simpson who is also the Technical Advisor to the Alvis Owner Club.
Our world wide reputation for engineering excellence and quality is demonstrated by the large number of successful mechanical rebuilds carried out at our workshops. We have a number of clients who have participated successfully in national and international rallies with great reliability and success in Alvis and Bugatti cars prepared by us. They know our service is backed-up by competitive pricing, excellent value and the highest quality. This policy is reflected in the amazing variety of rare Alvis cars entrusted to our workshops for attention over the years and we offer a personal European collection and delivery service with our own covered and open transport and staff.
Between 30 and 50 rare Alvis cars may be viewed in our workshop at most times. We are familiar with working on many types of coachwork including saloons, racers, specials, sports and coupes by Charlesworth, Cross & Ellis, Vanden Plas, Tickford, Willowbrook and Mulliner's, to mention just a few. Almost all of our work is completed in-house including maintenance, engine rebuilds, mechanical modifications, updating service, ash framing, painting, trim work, mechanical fitting, tuning and machining. The excellent availability of Alvis parts makes the Marque an attractive proposition for those who like to drive their cars long distances and we have accumulated an enormous stock of rare spare parts for the benefit of our regular clientele.
Follow the links at the top of the page to navigate our site. We will make regular up-dates to news and there is often a selection of Alvis cars available on the Sales Page. Director Alex Simpson is available most times on the numbers below. Feel free to call us for a chat about your project or to arrange a visit to our workshops.